Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Economic Quiz
Famous Economic Statements - Who Said It?
1) "No generation has had the opportunity, as we now have, to build a global economy that leaves no-one behind. It is a wonderful opportunity, but also a profound responsibility."
Luiz Ignacio "Lula" da Silva
2) "We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. Out of the collapse of a prosperity whose builders boasted their practicality has come the conviction that in the long run economic morality pays."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
John F. Kennedy
3) "I do not prize the word 'cheap.' It is not a badge of honor. It is a symbol of despair. Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country."
4) "The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life."
5) "Defense is more important than opulence."
Created with QuizScript
Economic quiz written by: Eamon Aghdasi - August 2003
Views expressed in the economic quiz are those of the individual author.