Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Economic Quiz
You Can't Get There From Here
1. In Boston, which of the following expressways experienced the largest percentage increase in average weekday traffic volume between 1977 and 1999?
2. How many traffic signals exist on public roads in Boston?
3. Which Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) Rapid Transit ('T') line has the highest daily boarding?
4. At $33.50 per day, midtown Manhattan in New York City has the highest average daily parking cost in any American city. The downtown of which city has the second highest average parking?
5. Between 1990 and 2000, Boston’s population grew about 3%. Resident parking permits issued by the BTD have increased 47% (to 65,830 permits) over the same period. Which Boston neighborhood issued FEWER resident parking permits in 2000 than 1990?
Leather District (area between South Station, the Mass Pike and Chinatown)
Created with QuizScript
Economic quiz written by: Thomas Back - October 7, 2002
Views expressed in the economic quiz are those of the individual author.